Tanya I. Davis, CPA
Tanya I. Davis is Partner in charge of Attest Services at S. Davis & Associates, P.A. Davis oversees all matters related to auditing for SDA clients and also manages hiring and development of the firm’s staff. She has 25 years of experience in public and private sector auditing including governmental agencies, municipalities, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
Prior to joining SDA, Davis worked as an audit supervisor at Grant Thornton, after prior experience with PricewaterhouseCoopers. She graduated magna cum laude from Barry University with a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Davis has a firm commitment to community activism and regularly contributes to a variety of professional, educational, social and other community-based organizations. She has used her success and broad experience to provide advice and counsel to minority students interested in entering the accounting field, and has participated in and/or held seminars and training sessions for minorities interested in starting new businesses. Davis also works with new business owners and has developed financial analyses, feasibility studies, and business plans to help them succeed.
In 1999, Davis was appointed by the governor to the Florida Board of Accountancy, which regulates all CPAs in the state. During her two-term tenure ending in 2008, Davis chaired the Board and was active on the Probable Cause Panel, Minority Scholarship Council, and Long-Range Planning Committee (on which she still serves). She remains actively involved in a number of business and professional associations, and has received several awards, including the President’s Award and the Outstanding Member Award, both from the National Association of Black Accountants.
- Treasurer, Art & Culture Center of Hollywood
- Member, Jack & Jill of America
- Treasurer, New World School of the Arts PTSA
Business and professional affiliations
- Former Chairperson and Board Member, State of Florida Board of Accountancy
- Chairperson, Minority Scholarship Council, Florida Board of Accountancy
- Member, National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
- Member and Past President, Greater Miami Chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
- Past National Vice President, NABA
- Member, Dade/Broward Government Finance Officers and City Clerks Association
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Leadership Hollywood Alumnus